« ... | Main | Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope! »

May 06, 2005

The (AL East) Pits

I don't know what to say at this point that won't result in me going absofreakinglutely nuts, so see here, then here. And, reinforcing what I said last night over at Michele's ASV site, see here.

My only solace is they come home tonight, and believe you me, the greeting these buttmonkeys are gonna receive ain't gonna be pretty. NYPD is going to need to deploy a couple of busloads of cop academy rookies to beef up crowd control.

Posted by TC at May 6, 2005 07:45 AM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Is Joe choking in that picture?

Seriously, a dustup with the A's after this embarassment may be just what the NYYs need.

It got them rolling last year after the Sox swept them, if I recall correctly.....

Posted by: Dabize at May 6, 2005 10:30 AM

Over on my site Jeff from Beautiful Atrocities, an A's fan, commented that his only solace right now is that the Yanks are doing worse than his guys. I told him, "wait, they'll get healthy this weekend."

At this point, I'd be amazed if the Yankee pitchers could even get a beanball war right; they're more likely to plunk the ump.

Posted by: TC at May 6, 2005 10:49 AM

There there Yankees fans. I have Posada and Jeter on my fantasy team, so I too feel your pain....

Posted by: Ric at May 6, 2005 01:32 PM

Ric, talk to me about losing the guy who should have been Posada's heir apparent, Dioner Navarro, for the Big Unit Useless Asshole, in the dumbest trade of this short decade.

Posted by: TC at May 6, 2005 04:22 PM

Quote of the day:

We're just playing like crap. I don't know if it's because everyone on the team expects to win without working hard and helping eachother out, or because some of our players don't even know what city we're supposed to be in half the time, but it is time to say it. We suck. We are sucking. We have sucked. Hopefully we will not continue to suck.

Guess who?

Posted by: sdp rdr at May 6, 2005 04:47 PM

Can't sleep
Hai.
In Oakland now. We leave Tampa tail in legs
We big laughingstock

You dumb can't read a schedule fuckup.
The game's in the Bronx tonight.
Go home and play with your Etch-A-Sketch and come up with your next Billy Crystal moment, yager.

Posted by: TC at May 6, 2005 05:00 PM

Here we go! We'll win today, then tomorrow Brown will stop being so unlucky and all of those hard hit grounders he gives up will start finding infielders instead of holes and then the Unit will take care of business. Three game win streak will jump start unstoppable run to .500.

Posted by: The Gnat's Trumpet at May 7, 2005 01:27 PM

Gnat's Trumpet: Is it crack, booze, or religion you're feasting on? I mean, Brown needs to be strapped to the big bat at the front door of the Stadium and beaten within an inch of his life...then pissed and shat upon.

Posted by: TC at May 7, 2005 01:37 PM

I wish we didn't have Brown, but we're stuck with him and should be good for at least one or two victories this year, why not tomorrow.

Anyway, all this losing is killing me (especially that eighth inning tease last night), but I figure I might as well stay optimistic.

I live in Georgia and I watch every game, except Fridays (I listened to last night's game on the internet), on MLB Extra Innings. I only get it so I can get the Yankees games so let me have my optimism, misguided as it may be.

Posted by: The Gnat's Trumpet at May 7, 2005 01:53 PM

Is the radio still in one piece?

No, we ain't stuck with Mr. Meatball. Darth Boss can just say "Fuck you, Go Away," and end the nightmare.

Shees, he's burned money on better crap.

Posted by: TC at May 7, 2005 02:00 PM