The ASV Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Double Entry! (and a new, hairy category)
I kept tallying and people kept adding comments, so we're just going to induct two this time around. That's the nice thing about having a "make up the rules as you go along" Hall of Fame.
- The first cassette I ever bought, on my own, with my own hard earned money, was "Dirty Deeds". Let's face it, they've got the biggest balls of them all!
- AC/DC, clearly. The music is fun and loud and makes you smile. And Beavis wears the band's shirt.
- It's not even a contest in my mind. [AC/DC] have been one of the greatest bands to listen to (and play along with) since day one. FIRE!!
- Two words: "School's Out."
- Alice changed the face of rock 'n' roll. Without Alice, we would not have had the New York Dolls, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Kiss would not look the same, Ozzy would not have been as outrageous.
* AC/DC - ..they are the epitomy of rock and roll. Loud, balls to the wall rock. No pretty boys. No big hair. No gimmicks
- Alice Cooper. The man turned tragic makeup and torn stockings into true Rock and Roll, without coming off all femmy.
And now, the nomination process for a new category begins:
Two words: Big. Hair. Or, as my friend Jon put it: Greatest Contribution to the American Salon Haircare Product Industry 1979-1985
Please add a sentence or two of testimony to your choice.