Listomatic: Working Towards 100 Quotes [Updated]
See the rules and updates on the end of this post. I'm going to get to 100 today if it kills me. Which it may.
The question has arisen at to what makes a quote great. I would say that ....I don't know. If it's something you repeat over and over, if you laugh/cry every time you hear/say it, if you use it in everyday life, if it had some kind of huge impact in the way the plot played out, if people remember the movie specifically by that line....I don't know! It's all so personal and subjective. Just have fun, k?
This is my PERSONAL list of 100, in progress, and just for shits and giggles, I'm leaving off the movie so y'all can guess, but I'm guessing the guessing will be easy. I'm going to be adding/deleting/adding continuously all day until I get to 100. How long do you think it will take me? An hour? Seven hours? 22 minutes?
Update: This picking ONE from each movie nonsense is hard. Who made these rules? Kill her!
- Nihilists! Fuck me. I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.
- Lighten up, Francis
- Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky.
- Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.
- Janet, you rock my world.
- Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
- I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
- Always some white boy gotta invoke the holy trilogy
- Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.
- ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO. YOU.SPEAK. IT?
- Hi. How are you? My name's Elliot, and I'm with the Cub Scouts of America. We're... we're selling uncut cocaine to get to the jamboree.
- Death is... whimsical... today
- You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas, Mom? A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.
- Sorry about the mess
- Someone is either a smoker or a non-smoker, there's no in-between. The trick is to find out which one you are and be that.
- ...Now go away before I taunt you a second time
- We're going to Federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison!
- All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die
- Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi Party!
- They're coming to get you, Barbara
- Excuse me while I whip this out
- I said good day.
- Do the chickens have large talons?
- Oh yeah, baby, you won't be able to shit right for a week!
- All we got on this team are a buncha Jews, spics, niggers, pansies, and a booger-eatin' moron!
- put ... the candle ... back
- Oh my God, the quarterback is toast
- And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
- I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?
- Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime
- Shall we play a game?
- Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.
- Spandex: it's a privilege, not a right.
- Fuck is the worst word that you
- Even the smallest person can change the course of the future
- Laugh it up, fuzzball.
- Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.
- The price is wrong, bitch
- So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social.
- They brought their fuckin' TOYS with 'em
- You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell.
- Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever
- I'm a god. I'm not the God... I don't think.
- I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!
- All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
- Who died and made you fucking king of the zombies?
- I'm George, George McFly. I'm your density. I mean... your destiny.
- ...I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?
- ..But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.
(I screwed up the numbering on the Christmas Vacation quote, so I tacked it on the bottom so as not to screw up the rest of the numbering)
And I'm done for now, will pick up this evening.