Listomatic: Booklisting [Updated]
First things first - a new day, a new theme over at Les Nessman. I'm not that happy with today's story, but there it is. And always be sure to read the comments. Some of our readers' stories are really spectacular.
I missed Monday is List Day at ASV yesterday due to the holiday, so I'll move it on over here to Tuesday. Which works out well, seeing as that a Tuesday morning after a three day weekend is a hellish time to come up with original content.
So I'm going to finally do the book list thing I promised. Except I'm swamped at work, so I'm only offering blank lists for you to fill in. I'll make my lists later on, though I included a few to start you off. I'll add more as soon as the monkey lets go of my chain.
We'll start with these:
Good Books that were made into good movies
- The Green Mile
- Simon Birch (which was made from A Prayer for Owen Meany)
- Charlotte's Web (so, it's a cartoon. I still cried)
- Freaky Friday (the original movie. BEETLOAF!)
- Jumanji (I didn't like the movie at first, but it grew on me)
Movies that are better than the books they were adapted from
- Jaws (the book read like a tawdry romance novel)
- The Godfather (Holy hell did that book suck)
Books that are better than the movies made from them
- The Shining (just about any Kind flick, really, but this one in particular, especially because they left out the topiary scene).
- The Natural (I love this movie, but the book had so much more depth to it)
- The Firm (Wow. One of the worst movies I have ever seen)
- Striptease (I really liked this book. The movie? Dreck. Horrific.)
- James and the Giant Peach
- Timeline (they destroyed this book)
- The General's Daughter
- Jurassic Park
- Because of Winn Dixie
[I'll keep updating, time permitting]