Carnival of the Force!
[Has been updated many times, new links added this morning, just scroll to the bottom. And please, nobody leave any spoilers, reviews or opinions about how much the movie sucked in the comments!]
Aside from my own geek blogging, there are a TON of bloggers out there joining me in having a raging Star Wars hard on this week. To put it bluntly.
I'm going to try to track down all the posts I can find. If you have written on SW in the past week or so (or know someone who did), leave a link in the comments and then I'll add it to the post as soon as I can. My only rule is that I won't post links to anyone discussing Star Wars and today's politics, anyone comparing the movie to the war in Iraq or anyone who thinks we should boycott the movie because Lucas doesn't like Bush. I don't care.
Also note that I will be collecting blogger reviews of RotS as soon as they start coming in. Please email any review links to me as soon as you read them!
This list will keep growing, so keep checking back.
- I'll start off with a tear-jerker. It's a farewell from the Darth Side. Bring the tissues. Yea, I cried.
- Sheila is excited. Very excited.
- Lesley at Plum Crazy has a countdown going on, with lots of links.
- Of course, Will Collier is blogging Geek Week.
- Robyn is looking for some special powers
- Byzantium Shores is blogging up an SW storm. Try this post about chronology/continuity and then click around.
- This guy seems to be blogging all the movie tie-ins.
- Inn of the Last Home has a great post about sharing the SW experience with his son.
- McGehee has some Redneck Jedi for you
- Shawn has a poll about the best lightsaber duel as well as These Aren't the Allegories You're Looking For
- Like me, Zombyboy doesn't want to hear about bad acting or writing. He just wants to enjoy.
- Jess wants to see Revenge of the Pith!
- Coyote Blog has a good link and also led me to...
- Knowledge Problem's post about pre-reviews.
- Pro Cynic has the Nitpickers Guide to Star Wars. Start up top and scroll down.
- These Are The End Times, at Breaking Things
- Space Tropic has Transcendental Mythologies
- Tom Franck bashes back at the Lucas bashers.
- Courtney met Mark Hammill at a premiere
- A sentimental (and good) post over at Color Me Pink
- The moral aspects of the SW universe
- Moo Alex has some haiku. Which gives me (maybe) an idea.
- Side Salad has a bunch of good links, including...
- Richard has some tips on what may be scary for kids in the movie
- The Ziggurat of Doom (love that name) has a liveblogging of a SW marathon
- Solonor has a bunch of geeky stuff, just scroll down
- Will Collier's review is up at VodkaPundit - spoiler protection included!
- Ed Driscoll's (self described) cynical review is here.
- Augustus: Did. Not. Suck!
- A review from someone who didn't like it very much. (I find your lack of faith.....eh, nevermind)
- Slublog: Better than Expected
- Coyote Blog has an extensive review, with spoilers
- Mark the Pundit: Review of the Sith
- Jim K: Search your feelings!
- This is what you call a succint review.