I've been putting this off because I just didn't feel like dragging out the political blogging thing again, but I would like to stop the emails, links, etc. because you all are just getting annoying now.
In reference to this Media Matters item:
- Writing posts on blog and leaving comments on blogs are two entirely different things. Come on, MM. You should know that.
- Mr. Bray didn't leave his comment as if he was acting in any capacity for the Boston Globe. In fact, I didn't know until this week that he was a writer for that paper at all. In fact, I didn't even remember the comment until I found the link to MM in my referrals and even then, I had no idea who Hiawatha Bray was. WHO CARES?
- This is not a conservative blog. How can a blog be conservative anyhow? The author can be conservative, but the blog - being an inanimate (albeit shift-shaping, constantly changing entity) object - cannot be conservative or liberal or communist or whatever. Unless it has, like, hammers and sickles on it. Then maybe you could call it communist. In an aesthetic sort of way.
- The author of this blog is not a conservative. I am Republican, yes that's true. And it's true that John Kerry was not my choice for president in 2004. And it's true that I wrote a screed (many more, actually) againt him in September of 2004. But I actually touched a real, live gay person once and some of my best friends are godless bastards, (oh wait, I'm a godless bastard!) and I VOTED FOR RALPH NADER, so put that in your world peace pipe and inhale it, baby.
- Mr. Bray's comment on ASV also included this:
The Zucker brothers, by the way, made a much less successful but almost as funny movie called Top Secret! which featured a wonderful sight gag with an exploding Ford Pinto. But I bet you knew that.
But Media Matters saw fit to leave that part out. Why? What are you hiding? Why do you hate the Zucker Brothers, Media Matters? WHY DO YOU HATE FORD PINTOS? I demand answers!
Until I find out why MM brazenly and shockingly decided to leave out that portion of the offending comment, I will not answer the charges against me.
Oh, there are no charges against me. Ok, fine. But I know things that would make your hair curl, Mr. S.S.M of Media Matters.
HIAWATHA BRAY IS PEEEEEEOOOOPLE!
Glad I got that out of my system.
Also, I think I might have said this already, but please stop calling me a conservative. It really chafes my hide, as they say. And trust me, the last thing my hide needs is more chaffing.
We now return to your regular non-political, non-imporant-news, non-how blogs are going to destroy careers/mainstream media/John Kerry/your mom blogging.