I am no longer going to update this post - it is already time consuming trying to keep the post at TCP updated. Please check this post at TCP for ways to help - the list is constantly being updated and includes local as well as national agencies, in addition to smaller charities and organizations that are starting relief efforts. Also listed are numbers to call if you or anyone you know is searching for friends or relatives missing in the area. If you are linking to this post, please link to this one instead.
* India: Prime Minister's National Relief Fund
, by bank transfer
, or by credit card
* Sri Lanka: Reliefweb
(United Nations office)
* The Canadian Catholic Organization for DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE (CCODP) is accepting funds to aid victims
* Sustainable Development and Ecological Development Society
seeks to raise $100,000 for affected population in India.
* Canadian Red Cross is calling for cash donations
To be updated - if you know of any rescources for sending donations, please leave a link in the comments.
* Red Cross/Red Crescent is accepting donations
* Via Tim Blair
: Jay Manifold
has a list of relief organizations you can donate to; Indian blogger Chanakya
has some links, also.
Updates - 12/27 7am EST
* Here's a list of banks
in India that are taking donations
* Oxfam is taking donations
* Save the Children
is creating an Asia Earthquake/Tidal Wave Relief Fund
* CARE Australia
has launched an earthquake appeal
* From the TCP Forums:
Thai Red Cross
Siam Commercial Bank - Red Cross Branch
Have your bank use the note section to note that the donation is for Relief in Phuket.
The Thai Ministry of Health is the lead agency, and they are looking for volunteers, especially those who speak Italian, French or German. There is a shortage of medical supplies and storage facilities for bodies.
All donations are appreciated.
* AmeriCares is accepting donations
Local residents have set up the Southeast Asia Earthquake and Tsunami Blog,
which has lots of information on how to help the victims and important phone numbers, as well as updates on the situation.
---Updates 12/28 6:30 am EST-----
* Oxfam donations page
* Mercy Corps
* Singapore Red Cross
* Indian Red Cross
* AID India
* The Tamil Association of Colorado is collecting relief funds. Make checks out to: Tamil Association of Colorado. In the memo, write "Tsunami Relief Fund." Send to: PO Box 270243, Littleton, Co 80127. The organization's e-mail address is: email@example.comTo donate to the International Red Cross, call 800 HELP NOW, or log onto DenverRedcross.org
and designate funds for "International Response Fund." [via TalkLeft
* Stand Up For Penang relief fund
* Indian Association of North Texas
[List via Ilyka
* American Jewish World Service
* Catholic Relief
* American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
* International Orthodox Christian Charities
* Islamic Relief