Tons of links appearing in my inbox this week, and lots of things I wanted to link to but didn't because I was preoccupied with baseball, so I'll just round them all up right here in a second. First, a word about emails:
I am notoriously bad at returning emails. I apologize for that. It's not that I don't want to - trust me, I read every single email I get. And then I put them in a folder marked "return these emails" and I try to find the time to get to all of them, but sometimes time is an elusive bitch. I know it's rude and I know that some of these emails deserve at least a cursory reply and I don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them. I'm just strapped for time, in addition to being a huge procrastinator, and those two things together mean that lots of emails go unanswered. I'm sorry for that.
Ok, links away!
* Chris O'Donnell's
eight year old daughter has gotten on early start on being an evil capitalist. Go check her wares out.
* On Saturday, 9 October, for the fifth time in my life I went into a polling station and cast a vote in Australian federal election. The same day, but several hours later and on the other side of the globe, millions of people were exercising their democratic right to vote for the first time in their lives. Good news from Aghanistan from the prolific Arthur Chrenkoff.
* The storyblogging carnival is looking for submissions
. Even if you have nothing to submit, make sure you read the carnival. Good stuff.
* Puce has returned from his sojourn
and I think he's mad at Treacher.
* Jeff Goldstein is looking for horror movies to watch. Speaking of horrors, check out his Martha Stewart chronicles: 1
* Don't forget the bet I had with Jason.
$70 headed to Garden of Angels
You know what? I left my notepad document stuffed with links on my computer at work. So why don't you do all the work while I get to sit back and enjoy it?
Got a link you want to whore, a story you want to spread, rumors you want to start? This is the place. Drop your links in the comment. Just leave a dollar on the nighstand, ok?