I'm running very late today (a brand new mattress will always be cause for not wanting to get out of bed when you're supposed to) so the usual morning ramble will be late. However, I had this on hold since yesterday, so you can have fun (or not) with this in the meantime.
Just something to tide you over and entertain you between cartoon debating. Yes, it's a quiz.
It's a lot of old stuff, a good mix of Saturday morning cartoon characters plus some others - if we can get them all that would be great because this quiz did not
come with answers!
Have at it.
I'll start you off with the answer to #58, as I've written about him before
1. Where did George Jetson work?
2. Bullwinkle Moose's alma mater?
3. Top Cat's best friend?
4. Mr. Peebles' dog?
5. Magilla Gorilla's friend?
6. Leader of the Water Buffalo Lodge?
7. Elmer Fudd's financial status and possessions?
8. Mr. Magoo's nephew (favorite)?
9. Pink Panther's nationality?
10. Quick Draw McGraw's secret identity?
11. Quick Draw's side kick?
12. Peter Potomus' famous yell?
13. Popeye's nephews?
14. Huckleberry Hound's favorite song?
15. The world's slowest draw?
16. This crimestopper has a gun for every situation?
17. From Dick Tracy, the name of the group of cops in Hemlock
18. Breezely Bruin's adversary?
19. Barney Rubble's occupation?
20. Snuffy Smith's cousin from the east?
21. Simon Barsinister's aide's name? (From Underdog)
22. The names of the 3 Musketeers-like dogs?
23. According to Tennessee Tuxedo, who is "the greatest"?
24. The Coyote's full name?
25. George Jetson's dog's name?
26. What book did Bugs Bunny hold up that chased the dogs away?
27. Who has a flying submarine used to transport Rocky and Bullwinkle?
28. Who has a pet boy Sherman?
29. What was Fred Flintstone's name as a world champion surfer?
30. Who can't marry Nell because he's in love with his horse?
31. What "everywhere" character was chased by Klondike Kat?
32. Who hit Krazy Kat with a brick?
33. What was Felix the Cat's smart friend's name?
34. How many Go-Go Gophers (Indians) were there?
35. "Exit stage right" was said by whom?
36. Who was Speed Racer's brother?
37. Who was "the kid from Outer-Space"?
38. Beanie and _______?
39. Gumby and _______? And who were the bad guys?
40. Who controlled Gigantor? And what did he always wear?
41. What was the name of the friendly white lion?
42. What breed was Johnny Quest's dog?
43. "Gee! I don't know, Daaavey."?
44. "Drat, drat, and double drat!"?
45. What did Mr. Moose drop on Captain Kangaroo?
46. Commander McBragg's last word?
47. The zookeeper from Tennessee Tuxedo?
48. Bugs Bunny's girlfriend?
49. Who rescued Gumby from the moon? How?
50. Breezely Bruin's main objective?
51. Another of Top Cat's friends?
52. Fred Flintstone's buddy from the Water Buffalo Lodge? (He was
chief of the Volunteer Fire Department.)
53. How did Peter Parker get his spider powers?
54. "I say, I say there, boy."?
55. The extra-terrestrial visitor to Bedrock? What did he call Fred
56. The number of time Gigantor banged his hands over his head
before he was able to fly?
57. Who carried a bag of tricks?
58. What show needed a "magic TV screen" on your TV to help get
the hero out of trouble? (You would draw an escape for him.)
59. Mr. Magoo's major problem?
60. "too important to be captured."?
61. "Mr. Park Ranger, sir."?
62. From what company did the Coyote receive his goods?
63. From the old Wonderama show: What did host Sony Fox wear?
Who played Norton Nork?
64. Who was Chumly?
65. Whom did Underdog defeat to save the Universe?
66. Rocky and Bullwinkle's evil adversaries? And who was their
67. What was Bozo's circus called? And what did he ride entering it?
68. "Hey, hey, hey, _______ _______ _______."?
69. What cat was X-rated?
70. At what city should Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck have taken that
right turn? left turn?
71. Who vowed to make "mincemeat" of whom?
72. Name the Monkees?
73. What was the name of Fred Flinstone - the Indy car driver?
74. On what "street" did Fred and Wilma live? In what town?
75. Who was the voice for all Bugs Bunny characters?
76. "(Th)ufferin' (Th)uccotash."?
77. The friendly ghost? And the friendly witch?
78. The names of Paul Winchell's "dummies"?
79. Name the Banana Splits?
80. What famous "agent" was Tennessee Tuxedo's voice?
81. Who was Underdog's voice? (From Hollywood Squares)
82. What did Bozo say to end his show? What did he chase at the
83. On what day will Wimpie pay you in return for a hamburger?
84. What show were "Oh! Yeah!", thrown pies, White Fang, and Pookie from?
85. Bugs Bunny played a baseball game, covering all positions
himself. What was the famous "P's" pitch?
86. "Heavens to mergatroid."?
87. Where did Yogi Bear live?
88. The cat's name from "Josie and the Pussycats"?
89. The teenage witch?
90. The main objective of "Journey to the Center of the Earth"?
91. "Shhhh! Be vewy, vewy quiet; I'm hunting _______."?
92. The goose from "Journey to the Center of the Earth"?
93. Dick Tracy's karate crimestopper?
94. What was special about Peter Potomus' balloon?
95. The silent, in color, show where one person (a man) played all
the parts? It was a comedy for kids, and was narrated.
96. Who hosted the Popeye show on channel 11 at 3 pm?
97. "Here I come to save the day."?
98. "When Polly's in trouble, I am not slow. It's _______,
99. The old woman who drove the bus from "The Harlem
Globetrotters"? The dog's name?
100. A cartoon based upon the life and times of a quarterback and
101. This jungle character swung into trees?
102. A "huge baby"?
103. Who was asked: "Which way did he go?"?
104. What was Mr. Peabody's time machine called?
105. What song did Foghorn-Leghorn sing?
106. What famous (animated) actor would walk into the scene to ask
Bugs Bunny to "spare a dime for a fellow American down on his luck"?
107. Name the two very polite, thieving rodents?
108. He was a rabbit and a sheriff. What was his name and what
sound did he make?
109. What two characters from the Mr. Magoo show wore straw hats
and striped shirts?
110. Whenever he got in trouble, he would cry "Help me Mr. Wizard."?
111. Yogi Bear's sidekick?
112. Name the chipmunks?
113. What was the name of Doggie Daddy's son?
114. What Johann Strauss piece was the music for a Bugs Bunny cartoon?
115. What was the chipmunks' manager's name?
116. Archie, Veronica, Moose, ....?
117. Who stepped on the plank of wood and made it twirl to open the
Super Heroes cartoon?
118. The person in charge of Yogi Bear's Forest?
119. Breezely Bruin's buddy?
120. Who was the villain that tied Nell to the train tracks?
121. What ghoulish rock group sang "Chicka-boom, Chicka-boom"?
122. What rock group sang "Sugar, Sugar"? What city was the group from?
123. What always happened to the little fairy who opened up the big
book of fairy tales on the Underdog show?
124. The weapon of "EL Kabong"?
125. The number of Thunderbirds?
126. Fireball _______?
127. The name of the underwater marionette adventure?
128. The counter corporation from "The Jetsons"?
129. Whom did Linus wait for all night?
130. Snoopy's Army Aircorps rank?
131. The man who sponsored Charlie Brown's baseball team?
132. Gumby's reward for rescuing Pokey from the train switch track?
133. What device was to replace television according to Bugs Bunny?
134. What was the name of the short fables from the Underdog show?
135. At the end of the Underdog show: What happened to the
"painter" who listed the acknowledgements on the TV? What
two regular characters appear with a banner?
136. What radio station had the call letters BDRX?
137. Johnny Quests' Indian friend's name? And the dog's name?
138. What did Bullwinkle say just before he tried to pull the
rabbit out of the hat? On his failed attempts, what did he
139. What are Rocky and Bullwinkle's full names? What is
Bullwinkle's "smart" name?
140. What is the name of the wolf that tried to take the sheep, and
that of the sheep-dog that guarded them?
141. _______ and Pun'kin Puss?
142. What was the French skunk's name? What did he chase?
143. Who was the Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy, Pirate, Confederate
Soldier, etc., that tried to do in Bugs Bunny?
144. Speed Racer's little brother's name? And that of their monkey?
145. Snagglepuss secretly became _______?
146. When Rock Roll lost his voice, Fred Flintstone was thrown into
the limelight. How was the voice lost? What was the famed song?
147. What did the famed Flintstone Frantic dance become?
148. With what Russian Bear did Bugs Bunny compete with at the
circus (high diving)?
149. What group were Diaper Man, Rope Man, and Coo-Coo Man from?
150. What show was Zero-Zero Island from?