First: we are up to $700 in donations for this questions challenge alone! (see here for background, details)
We're going to tackle several at a time here. And try to limit it to ONE question per person, please. Thank you.
2. JAB asks: Other than your family or this blog, what has been the biggest compliment someone has paid you?
I was in the diner with my two kids, many years ago. The owner of the diner came up to our table and told me that he had never seen two such charming, well behaved children in his life, and proceeded to give them free dessert. I beamed.
Good thing they waited until we got into the car and pulled away before they started spitting at each other.
2. Tommy asks: Would you ever wear Sox gear again (excepting charity events, of course)?
In a word, no
. In two words, fuck no
I'll be nice and tackle all of Skillzy's
but, due to the nature of the charitable end of this challenge, I'm only counting them as one questions.
3. * Is Alex Rodriguez overpaid?
* Have you ever eaten grits?
* Can Eli Manning save the Giants?
* Aren't Southern accents shexy as hell?
* Who's your favorite NASCAR driver?
* What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?
Yes. Grits with cheese, butter and salt is the breakfast of Gods.
Dude, the Giants play in Jersey. Nothing can save them. Ever. Not even the lesser of two Mannings.
Southern accents are better than New England accents, that's for sure. I prefer mid-western accents, to be honest.
Unless someone is going to pay me to watch those cars go 'round and 'round and 'round, you'll never catch me watching NASCAR. So I couldn't give you an answer to that, unless the answer is: none.
And as I walked on
Through troubled times
My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Where is the harmony? Where is the love? Nothing funny at all, Skillz. Nothing at all.