Update 4/25: If you are coming here from Blogdex or various other links, please see this newest post for lots of updates and news.
[If you are not familiar with this challenge/beg-fest, please see here
for what Spirit of America is all about and then here for background and details
on the raising of money for this cause]
Your one stop shopping for all your VC needs can be found at Coalition Headquarters,
where our beloved Captain is keeping it real for you.
|Total Raised||Amount Raised|
|Castle Argghhh! Fighting Fusileers for Freedom!||$10755.50|
|The Victory Coalition||$7718|
Hey! Don't you go anywhere - read the rest. Now
First and foremost, thank you to EVERYONE who has donated to the cause, whether it be the our alliance or the others. While we are having a blast sniping, bickering and backstabbing each other, the bottom line is the money raised for SOA, not which of us raises the most.
That's 20k we've raised together. Not too shabby. The spirit of team is nice and all, but let's get down to business: We want to kick butt on Castle Argghhh! I know we can do this if we all just pull together. Maybe if we all hold hands and sing "We are the World" and click our heels together ten times a magic pony will appear and shit out a stack of hundred dollar bills. Come on, let's try!
Ok, that's not gonna work, so we'll have to resort to things like bribery and begging. Want to know how to help? Good.
* Obviously, give to SOA in the name of Victory Alliance
* Don't have money to donate? That's ok, because it's not all about the cash. Just spreading the word about the challenge is considered donation enough. Link it on your wesbite, email your friends, tell your co-workers. You could even dress up as a giant panda and wave signs on a busy street corner. Your call.
* Have something you would like to offer as a reward to donors? We are offering up sotries, donuts, music, porn and a Cubs win, among other things, in return for your generosity. Perhaps, if you can't donate (or already have but want to do more) you can offer a service or good that we can use to bribe people into giving. Please, no sex. Future lawsuits would kill us.
* Join the coalition. Having your good name behind our efforts will be a boon for us. Plus, if you bring your posse along, that would be dope
. Yea, I'm talking to you
So - what are we offering you in return for you donation/help? Besides the self-satisfaction one gets from assisting charitable causes, and aside from that "Get out of Hell Free" card, we have these irons in our fires:
* Hot Abercrombie Chick pictures
* Personal, dedicated posts with music and photos of me in Red Sox/Mets gear!
* Free Freaking Hosting and a Brand New Blog!
* Krispy Kreme Donuts!
* moneyback guarantee for Cubs and Red Sox fans!
Sure, Smash may be offering up bullets straight from Iraq, but we've got quality and quantity
Here is a list of Coalition members thus far (and I will add the actual links in as soon as Kevin is around and gives me the code so I don't have to do it by hand). This is the Best.Coalition.Ever.
Thanks to all of you for joining hands with us. Now, let's sing!
A Small Victory
As I Please
Confessions of a Pilgrim
Dorkafork's Cavalcade of Crap
Fine? Why Fine?
Mind of Mog
One Fine Jay
Overtaken By Events
Snooze Button Dreams
The American Mind
The Command Post
The LLama Butchers
Unedited Unspellchecked Unright
I am going to have Yet Another Offer later. Stay tuned. And I will be posting as many dedication posts as I can today, as I pack up for my big move across town. Today's offer will have something to do with that.