Thanks to Dave from MA (former Long Islander!) for answering old man Rooney's questions. Dave was deployed to Iraq last year with the 106th Rescue Wing. Visit him at Humptyblog
, where he has posted fabulous photos from Iraq.
1. Do you think your country did the right thing sending you into Iraq?
Yes, and so did everyone around me.
2. Are you doing what America set out to do to make Iraq a democracy,
or have we failed so badly that we should pack up and get out before
more of you are killed?
We did what we were there to do, no thanks to douchebags like you.
3. Do the orders you get handed down from one headquarters to another,
all far removed from the fighting, seem sensible, or do you think our
highest command is out of touch with the reality of your situation?
They never seem sensible, but the farthest HQ we had to deal with was
in Qatar, and they weren't out of touch at all.
4. If you could have a medal or a trip home, which would you take?
I hate this question. How about a democratic Iraq, followed by a
democratic Middle East? And maybe a 1-way trip to Iraq for cock-jockeys
5. Are you encouraged by all the talk back home about how brave you are
and how everyone supports you?
Ignoring your sarcasm, yes, we were encouraged by it. We were not
encouraged by Time magazine's cover "Mission Not Accomplished!", among
Thank you, Dave. Anyone else?