I noticed quite a bit of traffic coming in from this site
today, from a page titled The Most Influential Reporters and Bloggers
So there I am at number five. Ego-pleasing? Yes. Accurate? Probably not.
Look at the top twenty:
001. Glenn Reynolds - Instapundit.com
002. Kevin Drum - Calpundit
003. Joshua Micah Marshall Talking Points Memo
004. Andrew Sullivan www.AndrewSullivan.com - Daily Dish
005. Michele A Small Victory
006. Eugene Volokh The Volokh Conspiracy
007. Tim Blair
008. James Joyner Outside the Beltway
009. Paul Krugman The New York Times
010. Dana Milbank The Washington Post
011. Cory Doctorow Boing Boing: A Directory of Wonderful Things
012. Mike Allen The Washington Post
013. Atrios Eschaton
014. Howard Kurtz The Washington Post
015. Daniel W. Drezner
016. Robert Scoble Scobleizer: Microsoft Geek Blogger
017. Steven PoliBlog
018. Roger Simon
020. David Brooks The New York Times
Hey, I have no last name. Just think of me as the bloggers' Madonna or Cher. No, wait. Don't do that. Elvis?
There's just no way in the world I'm more influential than Dave Winer, Cory Doctorow, Atrios, Roger Simon and William Saletan. Hell, out of the 200 listed I can see at least 100 blogs at first glance that I would have guessed would rank above this one.
But far be it from me to argue with obvious professionals. Instead, I shall bask in all this glory and hope it brings me new found arrogance, snobbery and untold riches so I can retire to Pismo Beach and be a happy miser.
I know, I know. You want to know the secret to our influentialness is (which is not even a word, but us influential people get to make words up). How do we get people to read, to link, to deposit large sums of money in our Swiss bank accounts and to appease us by sacrificing rising bloggers to the flaming pits of the underworld?
In fact, you may wonder what the secret "thing" is that any influential blogger has that you don't. It's not talent. It's not skill. It's not even nice boobs or great abs.
I am finally going to reveal the secret of Glenn Reynolds, Tim Blair and the rest of the top ten:
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
You had no idea, did you?
Just look into his eyes.
you will link this post....you will link this post....a small victory is the best blog on earth.....look into my eyes and rub my head.....link...read....