In a Perfect World, It Would Be Six Degrees of Curtis Armstrong
1. Curtis “Booger” Armstrong is playing Atlantic Records chief Ahmet Ertegun in the upcoming Ray Charles biopic which stars Jamie Foxx.
2. Jamie Foxx had a small role in Barry Levinson’s Toys which starred British character actor Michael Gambon as the heavy.
3. Michael Gambon, countering all movie insider expectations, has been cast as Dumbledore in the upcoming Harry Potter movie, which of course stars portly British comedian Robbie Coltrane.
4. Robbie Coltrane was one of the Nuns on the Run; the other, of course, was Eric Idle.
5. Eric Idle inexplicably appeared in CGI-crapfest Casper with one-time Scorsese ingenue Cathy Moriarty.
6. And, of course, Cathy Moriarty had a small role in Kevin Bacon’s 1998 Oscar-attempt-by-way-of-playing-a-retarded-guy, Digging to China.
I sense this is going over as well as the time I tried to karaoke to Tennessee Ernie Ford's "Sixteen Tons" in New Orleans.
Live and learn,