« about that shaving cream | Main | know your enemy »

you're looking awfully green today

Can you people (yes, I mean you) stop whining about the CNN article that featured Big White Guy and his blog?

I'm not going to point any fingers (links) at you all, but suffice it to say you sound both jealous and whiny.

BWG has been blogging for four years. I've been reading him on and off for about two of those years. He's funny, insightful and is a kick ass photographer. The CNN interview used just 1% of what BWG said. Why don't you go explore the other 99% of what he has to say before you start crying foul? Start here, for instance, and you will see a collection of photographs from Hong Kong that is simply amazing.

Not all blogs are about politics and news. The blogosphere, as we are prone to calling it, is just that; a sphere. Think of it as a planet. Now look at your little space on that planet. Small, ain't it? There is more to this sphere than just warblogs or newsblogs. It's a wide, wide world out there and it's nice to see someone besides the usual pundits and movers and shakers getting recognition.

Congrats on your fifteen minutes, Big Guy. It's well deserved.

TrackBack

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference you're looking awfully green today:

» Linky Dink Wednesday from On the Fritz - Observations of Modern Life
The Seven Bloggy Sins Sloth Kelley at Suburban Blight was feeling Megablue after sleeping all day, reading a Pern book, and having a good cry. Pride Jay Allen has reason to be proud about the version 1.5 release of MT-Blacklist... [Read More]

» Linky Dink Wednesday from On the Fritz - Observations of Modern Life
The Seven Bloggy Sins Sloth Kelley at Suburban Blight was feeling Megablue after sleeping all day, reading a Pern book, and having a good cry. Pride Jay Allen has reason to be proud about the version 1.5 release of MT-Blacklist... [Read More]

» poker from poker
Please check out the sites about pacific poker poker games poker rooms [Read More]

Comments

Have I told you lately that I love you? ;)

I've been trying for years to tell the newbies in the blogosphere that the blogosphere is far more than the politibloggers. Glenn gets it now, and has shown the most willingness of all the big bloggers to promote from all spectrums.

Michele, you and me, babe... feeling old.

On the other hand, feeling smarter than them, too. ;-)

Of course blogs aren't all news. When's the CNN special on Jackhole? ;)

I'm waiting for the Reuters report on Allah's blog.

i guess it's because we run in different blog circles, but i don't see why anyone would be pissed about that article...? what's the deal?