those puzzling palestinians
Not only do most Palestinians not want to return to Israel if allowed, they don't want anyone to know they don't want to return.
A mob of about 100 Palestinian refugees stormed the office of a Ramallah polling organisation yesterday to stop it publishing a survey showing that five times as many refugees would prefer to settle permanently in a Palestinian state than return to their old homes in what is now Israel.
Of course, if everyone knew that they didn't want to go back, that would make their terroristic murders of innocent Israelis look like less of a jihad meant to get "their land" back and more like just your everyday attempts at genocide.
Even more telling is what 13% of those polled preferred: the absence of Israel all together.
Only 10 per cent of the refugees chose Israel, even if they were allowed to live there with Palestinian citizenship; 54 per cent opted for the Palestinian state; 17 per cent for Jordan or Lebanon, and 2 per cent for other countries. Another 13 per cent rejected all these options, preferring to sit it out and wait for Israel to disappear, while 2 per cent didn't know.
We should start treating Palestine as what it is: a terrorist cell. Nothing more, nothing less. If only 10% of those polled want to return to Israel, then we can pretty much assume that the other 90%, including those who want to live in Jordon or Lebanon or even Swahililand just want Israel to fall off the face of the earth, preferably by use of a ton of C-4 and lots of martyred cries of suicide bombers.
Yes, that's pretty much conjecture on my part, but I haven't seen anything to disuade me from that view.
Oh, note the little addendum at the end of the mob story:
• The Palestinian militant groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad warned yesterday they would end a truce announced last month if the Palestinian Authority continued to try to disarm them.
Ummm guys? Why do you need arms if you're in the midst of a truce? Oh, that's right. Because truce in Hamas-speak means keep shooting.