stupidity + explosives = darwin award
And we have our first two Explosives for Dummies award winners.
24 year old Willie Golden III apparantly had trouble lighting a canister filled with fireworks at a party late Friday night, as he looked in the canister, the fireworks went off, Golden was pronounced dead at the scene.
48 year old Larry Nagle of Amity lost part of his arm as he was attempting to kill a groundhog with a stick of dynamite. Police say Nagle lost his thumb and two fingers when he tried to kill the groundhog with the explosive.
Mr. Golden will be eligible for this year's Darwin Awards. I'm sure, given the circumstances of his injuries, that Mr. Nagle will join him eventually.
I am quite pleased at the slim pickings for Explosives for Dummies award winners this year. There may be hope yet.