let's play a game: one hit wonders
I'm tired and feeling sort of brainless, so in lieu of real content tonight I'll resort to a game, which we all seem to be fond of anyhow.
Tonight, it's a guess song by lyrics game, with a theme. All of the songs are considered one hit wonders. You're on the honor system here, I'm asking you kindly to not Google(tm) your answers. You know the Little Dead Girl up there? Well think of her as a sinister Santa. She knows when you are sleeping, she knows when you're awake, she knows if you've been Googling(tm), and she'll smack you with a rake.
No prizes, just glory. Lyrics below. Answer in comments. Feel free to add your own lyrics for us to guess while you're down there. Oh, artist and song title, please.
Yea, I went a little heavy on the 80's songs.
1. Think I would die, If you were to ignore me. A fool could see just how much I adore you.
2. They sat on the stony ground and he took a cigarette out and everyone else came down to listen
3. Modern medicine falls short of your complaints
4. And the judge said "Guilty" in a make-believe trial and slapped the sheriff on the back with a smile
5. 'Cause the spirit of Jah, you know he leads you on.
6. she blocked her eyes and drew the curtainswith knots I've got yet to untie
7. She said, "I'm worryin' outta mind" (Bam-ba-Lam) the damn thing gone blind
8. So much for all your highbrow Marxist ways, just use me up and then you walk away.
9. But every dark tunnel has a lighter hopeSo don't hang yourself with a celibate rope
10. Everything you think, do, and say is in the pill you took today.
11. I'm a model, you know what I mean and I do my little turn on the catwalk
12. All across the nation, such a strange vibration
13. Pull up your head off the floorócome up screaming
14. I'm floating in a beam of light with you
15. then one day he was cracking off a marleyalong came the wolf on his big bad harley