Friday Freaks roundup #1: What's the matter with kids today?
I'll tell you what's the matter with kids today: adults. I've got a rogue's gallery of bad parents, bad pastors, and bad school systems as evidence.
- Babysitter found dead, but kids thought she was just "passed out" because they've seen their mommy passed out before. The babysitter overdosed on the mom's liquid methadone.
- Investigators have closed a group home for troubled boys while they check reports that residents dumped a housemate into a septic tank and forced him to sit without pants on a fire ant mound. The victim was 13. [link fixed]
- Police department allows a sex-offender to host a McGruff Safe House for children.
- Mom uses stun gun to punish 13 year old daughter for using computer.
- Young girl is terrorized by church members in the name of religion.
- Mom arrested after throwing hotel liquor party for 8th graders.
- Mom's shoplifting spree goes bad, leaves seven year old daughter behind to face cops.
And there's issue one of the Friday Freaks roundup.