from the peta-files
Those PETA people get goofier by the day.
Ingrid Newkirk, founder and president of PETA has taken activism to a new level. According to her last will and testament, after her death:
- Part of her body should be barbecued as a protest gainst "fleshfoods".
- Her feet should be turned into ornaments to represent the depravity of using animals in this manner.
- Part of her skin will be turned into a leather product to show solidarity with the animals whose skins are also turned into fabric
- She is leaving her eyes (to be mounted) to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, in a deranged "I am always watching you" message, and
- Her pointing finger will be left to Kenneth Feld, owner of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus.
Ms Newkirk also said in her will that she hoped foot-and-mouth disease would reach the US since it would harm those "who profit from giving people heart attacks".
Now, I could make a million smarmy comments and jokes here, but I leave that to you.
Sure, it's great to have your eyeballs mounted and shipped off to your enemies after you are dead, but I would be more inclined to applaud Ms. Newkirk's ingenuity if she would allow me to personally dig those eyeballs out of her sockets with a spork while she was still alive. I would even dangle them from my rear-view mirror.
Breakfast sausage, anyone?